What’s Happening When
Project Launch – Fall 2012
Outreach to Stakeholders and Community – Fall 2012 to Fall 2014
- Direct outreach to property owners and businesses in the District and along Canyon Road.
- PhotoVoice: Participatory engagement through a photo collection experiement with residents, small business owners and youth.
- A series of short videos to communicate project themes and major milestones.
- Public open house events to explore options, pick solutions and refine the Creekside project.
Component 1: Downtown Creeks – Fall 2012 to Summer 2014
- Natural resources assessment and redevelopment potential analysis.
- Public input on concept designs for public plaza.
- Development guidelines and incentives for redevelopment.
- Creekside redevelopment pilot project: identify and design catalyst project.
Component 2: Street Design and Connectivity – Fall 2012 to Summer 2014
- Mobility audit with agency and community stakeholders.
- Outreach to Canyon Road business and property owners.
- Engineered roadway design to transform Canyon Road, including formal agreement with ODOT.
- Complete Streets policy and two pilot street projects.
Component 3: Redevelopment and Housing – Winter 2012 to Summer 2014
- Events to strengthen small business network and connect to existing resources.
- District market study to identify strategies and incentives for redevelopment.
- Detailed development prospectus for three opportunity sites.
- Redevelopment and housing strategy and policy recommendations.
Creekside District Master Plan Working Draft – Early 2014
- Community feedback.
- City Council updates.